Extra thick carbide tip, high temperature braze and heavy land construction withstand the heavy feed pressure necessary to penetrate hardened and case hardened steels over 45 Rc/421 Hb.
- 118° cam relieved notched thinned point decreases the thrust needed to penetrate hard materials.
- Straight flute, right hand cut, heavy duty high speed steel body.
- 20° negative rake and MN notch available for severe application drilling. Priced on request.
- Produces reamer like hole finish, accurate hole size and can be used for coring out pre-existing holes.
- Also see solid carbide die drill Styles 151 & 155.
- Allow 1.5-2 x Ø of flute for chip exit.